I don't know much about the world. But I do know is that there is something so nostalgic about the summer time.
The way the light leans tenderly in the evening, patting you softly in your heart. The way the lilac bush sways gracefully in the wind. The way the chimes keep time to the rhythm of the world. The cool softness of the grass beneath your toes and a good book to keep you company. And that uneasy yet happy feeling in your stomach because you ate too many gummy bears, or something of the like. It may be April 25th, but I'm done with school so it's summer time to me.
Right now I am reading "The Secret Life of Bees", and I've probably read it about as many times as I've read the Book of Mormon, which is something like five. If you want to understand me, or at least the life-living passion that used to dwell in me than read it. The movie is not the same. I refuse to see the movie because I feel it will ruin this book that is so sacredly mine.
There is something about Lily, the protagonist, that I resonate with. Possibly it's her desire to run away. Possibly it's the way she examines her prejudice and moves beyond learning to love. Possibly it's the way she confronts herself and feels the love of her own divinity. Definitely it's the way she feels the world instead of just living in it. Sometimes I wish I could feel the world like I really used to. To have all five plus your extra sense tingling with the beauty of it all.
This is going to be my summer. This is my pledge. That I get back on track to being in the world and really feeling it again. Mmm 'mmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment