I'm so glad I did because those few short weeks seemed like an eternity; but those few short weeks, although dramatic and emotional at times, were likely the best eight consecutive weeks of my life. I think that's one way you can measure how much you love what you're doing. You truly love it when you can forget about the future and you are only concerned with the happy realities that are going to face you that day. I guess I was a little concerned about the future, but not to the extreme extent I am now.
I feel like I worry about the future all day everyday. If it's not planning out every single minute of my day to try to fit all of my homework, class and work in, it's worrying about the next four years of my life. Luckily it doesn't often get beyond the four years. But I am now thinking about the future all the time and it's weird, because I'm really coming to a blank slate. I really don't know what job I'm gonna have over the summer, although I'm becoming more sure. I really don't know what I'm gonna major in, although I'm getting ideas. I don't know where I'm gonna live next semester, or if I'm even coming back to BYU. What if I run off to China to teach English in the fall? Or join the Peace Corps? Who knows?
All I know, is that it's ok not to know everything right now. I just need to start living life to the fullest everyday, being happy and taking time for me, even if I don't have all the answers. I will continue to live in a way that creates the best of opportunities, so when those opportunities do come I can take them.
No comments:
Post a Comment